- To receive a 100% refund of fees paid, minus $100 non-refundable deposit, you must cancel no later than 8 weeks prior to the first day of camp.
- To receive a 50% refund of fees paid, minus $100 non-refundable deposit, you must cancel no later than 4 weeks prior to the first day of camp.
- Cancellations received within four weeks of the first day of camp are not eligible for a refund.
Please see Parent Packet for more detailed information regarding Refund Policy.
- Financial Aid is no longer available for the 2017 Conservatory.
Oakland School for the Arts, 530 18th St., Oakland
Come join us for 2 or 4 weeks of exploration into the world of Shakespeare and acting!
|June 20—July 15:||Four-week session||$1400|
PERFORMANCES: July 15
|July 18—July 29:||Two-week session||$700|
PERFORMANCES: July 29
Please note: If you are registering more than one camper, you will have to register each child in a separate order.
Registration requires a $100 non-refundable deposit. The deadlines to receive a full or partial refund are as follows:
100% refund (minus the $100 deposit fee):
4-week LMO—April 21
4-week OAK—April 28
2-week LMO—May 19
2-week OAK—May 26
50% refund (minus the $100 deposit fee):
4-week LMO—May 19
4-week OAK—May 26
2-week LMO—June 16
2-week OAK—June 23
Want to get social? Like us at Facebook.com/calshakesconservatory to post your photos, memories, questions, and other thoughts.
Think a picture’s worth a thousand words? Click here to check out some of our favorite photos from past conservatories.
This year's classes:
• Acting • Stage Combat • Improvisation • Movement • Voice & Text • Shakespearean History • Physical Comedy & Clowning • Voiceover & On-Camera Acting • Stage Makeup • Auditioning •
Cal Shakes’ Summer Shakespeare Conservatory for ages 8-18 offers a theater experience rooted in the same passion for artistic exploration and excellence that guides our award-winning Main Stage productions.
We foster self-expression and artistic discipline to engage students in the theater-making process: In the dynamic study and physical experience of developing some of literature’s greatest characters, our students also develop their own.
Participants spend the morning playing and creating in a wide variety of theater disciplines, taught by working theater professionals.
Afternoons are spent in rehearsals. The experience culminates in Shakespeare performances for family and friends at the end of the program.